Project management is evolving, as is the technology for managing projects and portfolios. With the introduction of Microsoft Project for the Web, project managers are finding they prefer this solution over Project Online. So for broader adoption, they need to migrate their project data.
Microsoft Project Online migration is frustrating
In today’s tech-driven workplace, PMs face new and emerging challenges and need efficient PPM solutions. Acknowledging the project management complexities, Microsoft offers Project for the Web as today’s enterprise solution. Some organizations use Project for the Web side by side with Project Online. With this approach, you visualize and manage your projects across both PPM systems via Project Home.
Many organizations plan for broader adoption and require partial or complete project migration to Project for the Web. This PPM system allows PMs to adopt flexible hybrid approaches and enhances communication and collaboration to boost productivity. If you use Microsoft Project Online, migrate to Project for the Web to receive these benefits.
While Project for the Web provides the ability to import MPP files, it also includes manual Project Online project migration. This means you may spend days or weeks transferring project data for tasks, budgets, and schedules. Manual data migrations also increase the risk of errors and data loss. It is complex and frustrating. To simplify your transition from Project Online to Project for the Web, consider external migration solutions.
Project Online migration should not waste your time
Automated migration solutions reduce challenges and eliminate errors that can occur when migrating projects between multiple platforms.
How to migrate from Project Online to Project for the Web
Microsoft Project for the Web offers robust productivity tools, including Teams for collaboration, Power BI for reporting, and PowerApps for workflows, requests, and approvals. These features can streamline your PPM lifecycle and boost team efficiency. To migrate to Project for the Web, you need a solution that automates the entire process. The migration tool:
- Integrates seamlessly with Project Online and Project for the Web and enables data migration between these online project planning tools.
- Helps you match project data in Project Online with corresponding fields in Project for the Web. This process requires user-friendly data-mapping features to eliminate errors.
- Provides custom data mapping to streamline your configuration and support partial and complete Project Online project
With these features, Microsoft Project Online migration software automates the entire process, eliminates errors and data loss, and saves you weeks. FluentPro Project Migrator is one of the leading project migration software with all these functionalities.
Project Migrator from FluentPro Software automates 100% of the Project Online to Project for the Web project migration, helping you migrate from Project Online to Microsoft Project Web without errors and data loss. To learn more about Project Migrator, register for a demo here.
Avoid delays, errors, and data loss
Many organizations are transitioning to Project for the Web. Manual Project Online project migration increases the risk of errors and data loss, while Project Migrator can streamline the process and help you adopt Project for the Web faster than your rivals.
Benefits of automating Microsoft Project Online migration using Project Migrator
Using Project Migrator to migrate from Project Online to Project for the Web offers several benefits for your organization.
- Eliminates errors: Project Migrator offers user-friendly data-mapping tools, eliminating the risk of errors. This cloud-based solution guarantees 100% accuracy.
- Saves time: Project Migrator automates Microsoft Project Online migration. It is 90% faster than manual data transfer. Without manual work and repetitive tasks, you’ll save days or weeks.
- No data loss: Running on the secure Microsoft Azure, this cloud-based migration tool leverages robust FluentPro security protocols so you don’t have to worry about data loss or security.
As a PM, migrating to Microsoft Project Web can eliminate your project management challenges and complexities. You can rely on Project Migrator to automate Microsoft Project Online migration.
Sign up to the Project Migrator platform today to migrate up to 5 projects for FREE.